Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here we go!


We started out our testing right away last week. We don't waste time... *wink wink. I had blood work done and Jason did the "manly" test... Ummm... If you know what I mean. Thursday is the day for the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) test. Learn more here.

This is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. They use a dye to allow pictures to be taken to observe if there are any problems, i.e. blockages, scarring, etc. This test will allow them to see if everything can move the way it's supposed to, implant when it needs to, and that eggs are producing and healthy.

This is a pretty tell-all test here. I know this may sound weird, but I'm seriously praying that they find SOMETHING and that, SOMETHING, is super-easily fixable. This means, we would have ANSWERS and could MOVE FORWARD.

Monday we have an ultrasound to check the rest... I don't know what, specifically, they're looking for in that test. But here's the prayers we could use:

-Peace. I'm still a little nervous, peaceful, but nervous. I've never been one to get excited about going to the doctor!
-Results. I'd really like to find something.
-Simple solution. Whatever they find, it's a simple solution.
-Wisdom for us and the doctors... They need to recommend the right answers and make a correct diagnoses!

In the last week God has really shown me a new perspective. I'm learning to look at this as an opportunity instead of a burden. I'm beginning to see that this is a door, that, while I may not understand, is being used by God. I've had the amazing opportunity to meet people I never would have, and experience a new level of pursuit. Listening to God and not walking in shame; it gives one a new lease on life! There is freedom in this place!!

I believe that I serve a God who finishes what He starts and never leaves a promise undone. We have chosen to walk this road and we know that we don't walk it alone. 

I share with you because I hope to encourage you and also inspire you to not be hidden in shame. God uses many different avenues and usually not the ones we expect! Don't be afraid. God is with you and He goes before you preparing the way. Continue to listen to His voice, study the Word, and use discernment and wisdom when making choices. But never be afraid to step out and try something that God has put on your heart.... Never.

Love you all and appreciate you with reckless abandon!

No comments:

Post a Comment